Saturday, October 3, 2009

Feeling a Bit Better

So, I have been in varying degrees of weird and new pain for nearly a week now. My whole body is inflamed and hurts to touch. Throughout the days where the pain went from severe to moderate then back to severe and then back to moderate, my torso was the location of most of the pain. As I have written day after day lately, my rib cage, stomach, sides, back, lower abdomen and chest have hurt to touch. Now, instead of pain from the slightest bit of pressure, I can actually touch those parts of my body without cringing. The pain is not gone, not even close, but it's far more reasonable today. Today it seems to take much more significant pressure to cause pain. Now, when I say significant pressure, I mean like when I tried to pull a tight tank top on or carry my heavy purse on my shoulder. Anyway, things are getting better.

A quick side note here about a weird product of this inflammation. I have been, I don't know how else to say this, but kind of puffed up. I know, it sounds ridiculous but it's true. My stomach and even up toward my rib cage has been a little swollen all week. I can see a noticeable difference in the way I look in my clothes. I've looked like I have a belly that sticks out a bit. Today I looked in the mirror and everything looked like it was going back to normal. So weird though. I think it'll continue to go down as the inflammation goes away completely. But still, it was just silly looking.

I spent the entire half of the day yesterday sleeping. Not resting, sleeping. I guess my energy did not pick up as the day went on after all. I napped from 3:30-7:30pm then went to bed around 9:30pm. I didn't wake up until 9:30 this morning! I suppose you can't argue with the fact that I was truly wiped out. The entire second half of the day was dedicated entirely to sleeping. As a result, I woke up feeling pretty rested today. I mean, come on, it would be a little ridiculous if I hadn't. 

No comments: