Thursday, October 1, 2009

Everything Hurts a Little Less

Yes, it's true, everything does, in fact, hurt less today! I still feel inflammation all over but it definitely seems to have gone down. I still feel bruised all over but that deep muscle pain is nearly gone. What a relief. I've been in extreme pain for the better part of a week now. When I woke up this morning, after that 18 hours of rest I described in my previous post, I felt reasonably rested and in significantly less pain. There are still parts of my body that are very tender and sensitive to the touch. Resting is still painful because my neck and shoulders feel badly bruised and hurt when the pillows press into them. My abdomen also still hurts to touch just about anywhere but is significantly less sensitive. So, it looks like things are on their way back to normal. I might be able wear jeans, fold my arms, put my hands on my hips and maybe even carry my purse on my shoulder. We'll see.

It does seem as though I will finally be able to do some of the things I've had to put off this week like washing my hair, laundry and paperwork. Also, yesterday the weather finally changed and cooled off. It was beautiful out and is again today. I cannot actually be outside in the sun because I am on antibiotics but I will find a way to enjoy this nice break from the heat.

No comments: