Sunday, May 17, 2009

I slept terribly last night. I passed out with the lights on, in my jeans, in a really uncomfortable position. Despite my frustration with missing a decent night's sleep and the fact it is responsible for the intensity of the pain I am in today, there is an upside. Last night I fell asleep, late as it was, without the help of sedatives. I honestly cannot remember the last time that happened. 

The pain is hanging out at just above reasonable today. The majority of it is in my left hip joint and the surrounding nerves and tissue on that side. It is already prohibitive and I haven't really done anything yet. It feels like a combination of a strained muscle and a stinging pain in the joint itself. Add that to the deep growing pain-like sensation that has been hanging around for the last few days and you have a recipe for ice packs and staying in bed. 

I'm still experiencing frequent tachycardia. My resting heart rate has reached 115-120 at least once a day and has stayed there for 10-20 minutes at a time. All I can do is monitor it, use breathing to try to control it, and push up my next dose of Atenolol by a few hours. If this continues, I'll probably have to stop Flagyl, again.

1 comment:

Dan Lauer said...

Thank Christ. Since this time last year I had been checking in on the regular and had seen a disturbing lack of posts, you know, none. I had feared that the proprietor of this blog had either A) died B) finally been kidnapped, imprisoned in a well and skinned alive to make a woman suit by one of her many stalkers (including the one with the shrine) or C) eloped and absconded with the sugar cookie midget. None of the above scenarios are very positive experiences, particularly C, so it's nice to know things will finally be cooking again. I haven't had any stroke material in months...